Happy September! I took the day off from all things work and housework for Labor Day since Blaine was off as well. It was the laziest day of laying on the couch watching TV and then playing the Sims 4 for a few hours when it was released. Thanks to my sister who always buys it as soon as it’s available for sharing it with me. What is it with that game? I’m sitting there making my sim cook, eat and live life when I could be living my own. It’s too funny and a bit of a mind trip that I’m sitting there making a video game character live a normal life. Fun though!
I wanted to share monthly wishes AND weekly wishes this time around since a lot of my weekly wishes will be catch up wishes from last week. I don’t know what happened last week, but it was just one of those weeks where I s-t-r-u-g-g-l-e-d all week with productivity. I felt like I was always working, but not getting anything done. I’m fixing that this week!
LAST WEEK’S WISHES
- September editorial calendar. I got one week planned out, but not the rest of the month and haven’t completed any posts.
- Take Ralph to get groomed. I didn’t do this, but for good reason. We have some expensive, emergency house repairs that were NOT planned for so we’ll be on a tight budget for at least a couple of months.
- Write ebook. I didn’t work on this AT ALL. I think this needs to be moved to a monthly goal with small weekly goals to get me there.
- Editorial calendar for DIY Wedding Blog. Nope. This didn’t happen.
- Follow cleaning schedule. This didn’t happen either.
- Write ebook! I’m giving myself the month of September to write, design and publish my ebook. Wish me luck! It’ll come out in October which is kind of perfect timing for what it’s about.
- Get DIY Wedding Blog up and running. I want September to be the month we start slowly chugging along and to fully have a well oiled, well running blog by October. I’ll be using my weekly wishes to plan in steps.
- 4th Quater Blog plan for this Blog. I have never really planned my blogging, but I want to get organized more than anything.
- Finish my 2013 taxes. I finally started talking to a previous client who does taxes and I’m crossing my fingers she can help me get this off my to do list for good.
- Organize my dropbox. I’m almost at 100% full on my dropbox and I know there are a lot of things I can delete because they aren’t needed or they’re duplicates. I’m hoping to spend a few hours each week just organizing everything.
THIS WEEK’S WISHES
- Finish first draft of ebook. I started writing it last week, but only got through one of maybe 15 sections. I just want to write the whole thing, no matter how awful, to get it done and then can go back and edit as needed.
- Get dressed everyday. Since the work week is only 4 days I’m sure I can pull this off. I got dressed today and already have been so productive. There’s something about being in a dress with your hair done and accessories on vs. yoga pants and a tank top that makes you less lazy. I don’t know what it is, but it’s amazing.
- Get completely caught up on Design work. I have a handful of random projects going on right now and while I’m not really behind, I just want to end the week feeling like all my clients are happy with where we are whether it’s finishing some small hired work or getting farther along in bigger design projects.
- September Editorial Calendar for this blog & DIY Wedding blog. This really isn’t that time consuming, it’s just a little daunting. More often than not I move stuff around throughout the month, but at least I’ll have a basic plan so I can get posts together as needed.
What are your wishes this week?